Thursday, December 16, 2010

Todays Ride

I went out today on my motorized Gary Fisher/GEBE bike today for about 35 miles.
It was maybe 20 degrees today but it was sunny and beautiful. As usual I used this motored bike as a work out machine. I hit snow covered icy rural roads with my studded tires mounted this week! I thought that those studded tires would really slow me down but with that great GEBE system I only lost about a mile per hour! I went from a 26 mph average to a 25 mph average!
I mounted an old pair of IRC studded Blizzard tires that are about 2 inch in width that just barely fit the drive belt from the engine mount. But every thing was working out just fine!
What is really remarkable about the GEBE system is how it lays down power to the rear wheel. I mean with out a power assist I would barely be able to hold 15 mph average on these super heavy tires with metal studs in them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home