Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Grin Factor

I had my Gary Fisher CR-7 bike looked over by all of my friends. And I had them all take it for a ride and there was a huge grin factor to the experience. Many traditional cyclists would frown on the addition of a motor to a bicycle but that GEBE system makes it so easy and fun!
When I explained to my cycling friends that this bike was simply an addition to my transportation needs to work and back in addition to my car it just made perfect sense to them. No judgment nor anything. But on riding the bike they all got that experience of something that was different and special. The women in particular got it more than the men did! You pedal the bike forward and hit the throttle and your at 25 plus mph just in a few seconds.
That was the grin factor for my pals at the local bike shop this past fall.
Its all about building bridges the way I see it and fighting is a waste of time and energy!
I have simply added motored biking as a way to get to work to my other cycling activities.
As many cyclists say its not about the bike its about the motor. And GEBE at least for now has the best one out there for the motor assisted bicyclist.
I have shown the grin factor to a lot of folks and believe me GEBE is a cool topic among my cycling pals.

Kevin

3 Comments:

Anonymous augidog said...

the grin-factor IS the greatest. man, there's nothing like watching someone falter off on their first ride, figure it out and disappear around the block...and then come back with that silly grin.

so far, i haven't encountered a bicyclist who's frowned on the gebe system if they give it a spin, it's so obviously an assist design, a pure peddler can't help but see the benefits.

and when i find myself on a new road hitting unknown twists and turns, never knowing what's around the bend or over the crest, here comes that same old silly grin again. i've been happier when i'm on that bike than in any other time i recall in my life.

politics aside, kevin...i sure do hope other individual riders will join our personal-webring, it seems like an easy way to group-up and share experiences without a lot of unwanted distractions. you keep your own site/blog how you want, and simply add links to the ring.

December 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Augi,

Our snow levels up here in Wisconsin are kind of marginal for cross country skiing so I have kind of been using that GEBE/Fisher bike to get my workouts in. Snow is coming so I will be out on those skis at some point.
I went out today for 35 miles on some snow covered icy roads yet again. Had a blast and got a workout to boot!
I would luv to see a whole bunch of blogs and websites in your web ring Augi!
And I must admit that I have become kind of addicted to this motored bike lifestyle! But in March its back to training for my ultra cycling events and I plan on using my motored bike in this training mix.
And as always thanks for posting Augi!

Kevin

December 24, 2010 at 1:42 AM  
Anonymous augie said...

kevin...it's not "my" webring...it's "ours"...and i truly hope it grows.

btw-since this webring was built through the free "mysite" services, the ringmaster needs to be on "mysite" also. and as soon as someone qualified and of a similar mindset comes along, i need to turn over mastering of the ring to them...because, come May i'm back on the road.

December 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home