Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2400 miles and counting on that GEBE system

Today I did a bit of maintenance on my bike and changed the oil on the Robin motor. The salt on the roads this time of year is tough on bikes. So, I clean them up about every three days or so of commuting.
I rebuilt my front  hub meaning I took it apart and put new grease into the bearings. I cleaned off the GEBE drive ring and see no damage to that Velocity wheel at all. Really a bullet proof wheel!
The GEBE drive ring however has a bit of the plastic peeling off of it but it seems to be no big deal. Will keep an eye on it! This is a wear item. I plan on wearing it out!
The Robin 35 is a superb motor bike engine and I must say that the bike I have built is both fun and affordable to ride down the road.
Do you love the police? I love the police...
Just coming home from work in a freezing rain storm when ya can't see and ya can only go 20 mph in your car and I get pulled over by the cop. He says "just wanted to remind you that your tag is about to expire". I mean you stupid ass you have nothing else to do but to pull me over to remind me that my tag is about to expire?
You see all law enforcement has to do is run your plate through their data base and they can pull all sorts of stuff up about you. But on a motored bike in Wisconsin there is no plate and they simply will have to pull you over but alas no revenue for the pork on that issue so you get a buy while on your bike for now!
The cop was a young guy of about 20 and I was the only one I bet that came through town that night. I asked him if he was having a busy night and he just said "sorry sir and have a nice night" 'bought says it all!
That little deal just makes me more motivated to ride that bike in any weather that you can imagine!

The crazy motored biker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home