Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tough ride home from work

I went in to work on a sunny 30 degree beautiful sunny day with a forecast for a low of 13 degrees. Not to bad so I thought but while I was at work the forecast changed and a bunch of snow came up from the south.
So when I left work it was coming down at a good rate but as I traveled west the temperature dropped and the wind really picked up and so did the rate of snow fall. About an inch an hour maybe more! The roads quickly became icy and slippery with a couple of inches on them before I was half way home! I have 2.2 inch studded mountain bike tires with 217 carbide studs in each tire yet even with these it was slippery and dangerous out on the roads. West of a little town called Big Bend I was passed by a police cruiser and you rarely see police cruisers on these back roads but I came up the road and saw a car wrapped around a telephone pole. Looked like no injuries thankfully since the police seemed to simply be filling out an accident report as I road by!
My body and the bike was just covered in ice and powdered snow! My little Yorkie terrier came to greet me when I came home but one look at that abominable snowman covered in snow and she ran for the bed room!
Well at $3.29 a galleon its still about a buck to get to work and back. Well worth it not to live in the city.


MBCC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home