Monday, March 31, 2014

I saw my first "happy time" motored bicycle upon a bike trail....

I saw my first smoke belching loud obnoxious "happy time" powered bicycle upon the bicycle trail that I was riding on.

Wow was it a nice day near 60 degrees and in Wisconsin this is a first!!

The weather has been brutal and so every one was out upon my bike trail...

I had my new carbon cross bike from Cannondale which is an 18 lb wonder bike in its own right for around that magical price point of 20 benjimans as it were....

I was in that magical universe of  yuppy ville with beautiful spandex clad women and then I saw or rather I heard it first that sound of that "happy time" motor....he...he...

He was going like 15 mph and stinking up the trail with his put...put...put and thud thud motor....as it were...with the smoke belching out of her....

Of course I was on a popular bike trail and of course in Wisconsin it is a motored bicycle and of course it is not a motor vehical and of course technicly he was legal upon said trail but long term?

One complaint to the DNR and I would be upon that radar with my motored bicycle and yes in a court battle it is legal to ride one of these upon any Wisconsin bike trail until it hits court and he wins and it hits the news...

And so what then?....as it were....

The motored biker

2 Comments:

Anonymous cpuaid said...

i still own a happy time and its unbelievable how many people are suckered into the notion that it can be made into a reliable MAB. sure you save $300-$400 from a GEBE but what about wasting twice the amount of gas and the lost wages from the darn thing constantly breaking down on you? try seeing the poor guy on the HT trying to peddle his 70+ lbs bike when he runs out of gas or is broken down! With the GEBE we can just take the belt off the drive ring and peddle it as easily as if it were a normal bike.

April 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger KMB said...

cpuaid...

Ah..it is the big picture of how to get along on a few bucks....

Most of my cycling friends are quite wealthy and have huge trucks to get around upon....

In America there are quite a few folks getting by by the skin of their SUV...as it were...

However, there is another way as we both know....

Now wait....they bailed out the banks but not the people...

Well, thank you I will just ride to work on me bicycle and sometimes with a motor attached...

The motored bicyclist

April 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home