Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas motored bikers!

Wow! What a great bunch of information served up on my personal blog in the last couple of weeks. I got attention from some of the founders of the motored bicycle revolution and it was great stuff to hear about.
My personal hope for the new year is that folks might get along and focus on the common goal of keeping power assisted bikes both legal and reliable.
I am a very hard core ultra marathon cyclist but I still need to get to work and back and motorizing an old obsolete mountain bike seemed sensible to me when gasoline is now over three bucks a galleon and climbing. The powers that be simply plan on robbing us blind! However the best weapon in the new year is the idea of consuming less gasoline and going motored biking. It is a sensible idea to me but if ya need your four thousand pound cage around ya God bless you!
I also feel that keeping things legal is a critical idea in the "snitch" culture that seems to be heading our way big time. A motorist calls 911 about some lunatic on a bicycle with a motor on it and all of the sudden you have big time attention from law enforcement coming your way. But in most states their are reasonable restrictions on our bikes and power assist motors and keeping things legal and going along with the laws can prevent many problems. Some think that this is an irrelevant topic but I think that this topic will be getting a lot of billing in the new year.

Merry Christmas motored bikers

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home