Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am now dependent on my GEBE system for basic transportation

The weather has been really bad the last few days and nights yet I road in to work and back simply since I can travel more that 100 miles on a half of gallon of gas!
Is this good or bad I do not know but with gas fast getting to four bucks I think its an option for a lot of folks.
On some of my previous posts their were some arguments from some in the cycling community in regards to motorizing a bike. It is not a simple human powered machine once you add a motor to it! Once that motor gets into play all sorts of issues come into play and I simply choose not to deal with those issues.
Let it stand that when I commute to work on my GEBE/Fisher bike I am on high traffic roads with great wide shoulders to stay out of the way of cars. If I were to ride my high end Orbea bike I would choose roads that would have quite a different appeal. But with issues of point A to point B I will take what GEBE has to offer.
Really it has worked out for me quite will in my over 3200 miles of commuting! And as always I know that it is a great sacrilege to put a motor on a bicycle no matter how much sense it might make!

Nine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home