Thursday, March 17, 2011

Motored biking and fitness

Our first Tuesday night race/training ride occurred this Tuesday night with a distance of  about 35 miles or so with almost a 20 mile per hour average speed. What was interesting for me was my fitness level coming off of the Winter months with my only exercise being my motored commute to work and back basically two days per week on average through out the Winter. I was simply amazed with how fit I was on the racing bike on this very fast and intense workout ride! My climbing was good and so was my speed on the flats! Julie over at GEBE told me about this effect for fitness and their power assist system. I kind of blew those statements off but found out that these bikes with these systems can be a great workout if you want it to. The more you assist  the better your work out and of course the better the fuel economy a win win situation for sure.
Out on the open road on that motored bike I simply will not talk at all to my "spandex brethren" since their attitudes towards motorizing a bike is a great sin but those who see this system when it is properly explained jump on the band wagon of this being a great idea!
I will break 3000 miles tomorrow with no major problems. The drive belt is starting to show a slight amount of wear but still looks good to go!
I put the 100psi 1.5 inch slicks back on to the bike replacing the 2.2 inch studded mountain bike tires and did general maintenance on the bike. About 45 minutes worth of work no big deal!


MBCC

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that by GEBE MB improves my fitness. I pedal it all the time. I treat it like it is a bike - a very very fast bike, but still just a bike.

It seems like most MB riders treat theirs like it is a motorccyle - a small underpowered motorcycle, but still a motorcycle.

Virginian

March 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger KMB said...

Virginian from the land of Jefferson,
You do get what I am posting on this blog.
I would encourage you to start a blog and write what you feel about cycling truth and create a truth to post on our web ring. I am kind of a radical nut that will ride on all sorts of contraptions so I should be totally demonized.
But on the issue of GEBE I have got down the road reliablly many thousands of miles.

mbcc

March 27, 2011 at 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home