Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Corps of Discovery

I am a huge fan of Thomas Jefferson and of Lewis and Clark! Imagine what Jefferson had before him with the Louisiana purchase and a whole contenent before him! So he sent out this expidition paid for by the new US government. This trip was very profound in my opinion on our history as a nation. It was almost greater in magnitude than the trip to the moon! But I guess that is a matter of perspective.
It's great to hear that Augidog wants to go over these great roads that our forefathers built this great country on!
And hopefully the spirit of Jefferson will come back to our shores! And that's what I think motored bicycling is all about. It could be the last way for the common man to get around without the "man" around to control how he gets to and from whatever.
Getting to or from "whatever" is what the experiment in freedom is all about according to men like Jefferson!
It is hard to imagine what would have come to our world with the freedoms that our new country had in 1805 with the technology of today could have built so in a nut shell there is no perfect world but there always is that ideal.

Kevin

3 Comments:

Anonymous augie said...

kevin...i surely appreciate that you appreciate what i've done and tried to do.

but, and not to take away from the others i can still call "friend" or the very few brave enough to still call me "friend"...you are in a very small minority, buddy.

let's just let things lie...personally, and professionally, i don't NEED the attention.

noone ever ever believed me when i said "it's not about me, it's about the bike."

well, that's over, now it is about me...and all i wanna do is ride, for as long as i'm afforded the priviledge. all my other feelings on the matter are around the web for anyone interested, dang if repeating myself is worth it.

the webring is available, it's not competition with the forums, it's just another choice that people have.

i'll continue to post my pics and notes on mysite, it's way easy and there are some few who still like to see them...besides, they are my memories, and a great way to introduce myself when i run thru a new town.

augie

January 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous augie said...

i'm sorry, i forgot to explain what brought this on...

the other nite, i had another great adventure...i suitably impressed, without even trying, some big-bikers (members of a local MC) with my dinky MB and the cool things i do on it, the great places i go, etc...these folks were ga-ga over the whole deal, i was treated to respect & hospitality from NON-MB'ers. and i realized, THIS is where it's at...not impressing other MB'ers who already (or should already) know.

i think i was wrong what i said a moment ago...it's about me AND the bike. nothing wrong with that...i have a life, i like it, and apparently others do, too.

January 3, 2011 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger KMB said...

Augie,

Awesome post man!
I can tell ya that my pals that are super hard core cyclists can see what I am doing with this motored bike thing with gas fast approaching four bucks a galleon!
I find that the big motor cycle guys respect cyclists even in our spandex uniforms. We are all out on the road together and share its dangers and its pleasures as you have found on the road in your life! That my friend is what its all about.
So what if some MBC folk don't get it. That site to me is totally irrelevant. And I mean totally. I would not send anybody that I know there way that was interested in any motored bicycle.
Glad to see GEBE still has an add up on that worthless site at least a few with some brains can see that link and get a good decent motored bike kit....

Kevin

January 5, 2011 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home